Monday, July 18, 2011

Through Your Eyes

Dear Noah,

I am going to visit you tonight.  The photos are from a walk we took a month or so ago in the Mission.  It is so scary to see the world through your eyes.  I just want it to be unicorns and rainbows and race cars and playgrounds.  There is so much I cannot protect you from, my nephew.  Walking with you through my neighborhood, this truth became apparent.

I want you to know I think about you so much, and feel so blessed to be your Auntie B.  You are a brave kid, sweet too.  I hope as you get older, we can be friends, and that I am able to earn your trust and your heart.  I will never lie to you, although you may not like the truth, as I know it.  Regardless, I will always have your back and I will always love you as you unravel both the delicacies and the hurts of this world.

With all of my heart,


Auntie B









No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am Nurse Bacon, a registered nurse who works hard and and lives a full life with her husband, Nascar Pitcrew. A little surly and a little sensitive, I am very much enamored with life and its nuances.