Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!




Happy Birthday Mom!

We both laugh about how alike we are, despite the fact that the last time I lived with you was when I was 12 years old.  It was strange growing up with such distance, but even stranger is the characteristics I have developed that are so alike to you.  

We are both introverts, who relish spending time puttering around, crafting, cooking, or gardening.  You study the Bible and religious texts, while I study psychology and literature.  We both love scarves.  You dance a mean two step, and I have been known to dance like nobody is watching.  Alike, but different.  2 different flavors of a simple and sweet ice cream, that is you and me.

Everyday I wake up, grateful to be alive, happy to be your daughter, and so pleased with how life has turned out.  I stand up for what I believe in, I have faith in the future, and I cherish the past, because that is what you taught me.  

I am grateful for you and love you very much!

Another thing we have in common - loving men in hats
Soundtrack:  Willie Nelson's Blue Skies (makes me think of Tutu...)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am Nurse Bacon, a registered nurse who works hard and and lives a full life with her husband, Nascar Pitcrew. A little surly and a little sensitive, I am very much enamored with life and its nuances.